Greek catholic church of the assumption of the Virgin Mary
Construction of the Greek Catholic Church in Trebišov was related to the migration of population from Upper Hungary to the northeast fertile part of Zemplín. In the registers kept by the Greek Catholic Church from 1776, is a report about an old parish, which implies the existence of an earlier church of the Eastern Church in Trebišov. At the peak of the migration on 28 August 1817 was placed the foundation stone of the new church for the believers. Construction of the temple was realized in the years 1818 – 1825. The tragic events did not avoid the temple. Natural disaster on 3 July 1844 caused the collapse of the church tower, which was built back in 1855. The fencing with forged decorative tower was completed and equipped in 1903.
GPS: 48.62315, 21.72055