With its rich decorated facade the church belongs to the most decorated rural church from the Romanesque period. Once upon a church of St. Michael, now Reformed Church was built in an elevated position above the village around in the second quarter of the 13th century. Originally Romanesque church was in the 16th-17th century expanded, renovated (1834) and the first third of the 20th next restored.
The church belongs to the most decorated rural church from the Romanesque period
The accidence of its tower is still Romanesque and the disposition is a Romanesque church. It is considered one of the most remarkable Romanesque churches in Slovakia. One-nave church building kept remnants of the outer walls and on the southern side of the now invisible walled Romanesque portal. In the tympanum are preserved Romanesque wall paintings, frescoes (Madonna with Angels) from the time around 1254. From the iconographic point of view it is a portrayal of Madonna with Jesus as Byzantine “Eleusis” (Byzantine painting, which is a demonstration of the cordiality and warmth even if this fresco is displayed as a child stretches handles showing of tenderness and love, relationship of mother and child).
One of the most remarkable Romanesque churches in Slovakia
The original Romanesque choir (builder was a local landowner and choir served for the family landlord). In 1834 the building got classicist facade.
The original Romanesque choir has been preserved